Thursday, October 29, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 30-10-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



Halloween!  It's not a big thing in New Zealand, but I still love it.  I'm sitting here in my skull and bat dress, having just served these rather disgusting zombie finger cookies at my work morning tea.  I won the prize for the most disgusting dish.  And yes, I'm proud of that.  I wore my medal all day...
I got revision notes back from my CP and have been manically rewriting ever since.  I think I've finished one ending, but I'm going to try another direction and write a second ending to see if I like it better.  Or if my agent likes one better.  So that's my writing weekend.

I went to the bookstore at lunchtime and bought 3 new books.  I didn't mean to...  But on the plus side, I ONLY bought 3 books.  Unfortunately I have a bunch of work reading to do this weekend, so I may not get to any of them until next week.

And it's the weekend!  I'm not quite sure why these short weeks feel so long, but somehow they always feel as long, if not longer, than a regular 5 day week.

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Those are really gross cookies! Love them! lol I'm glad the revisions are going well and that you treated yourself to new books - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are awesome! Good luck with your re-writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I went to the bookstore at lunchtime and bought 3 new books. I didn't mean to... But on the plus side, I ONLY bought 3 books"....This is me every time I go to the bookstore. Too funny!

    And yeah...those cookies look a little too authentic for my taste. Which makes them perfect for Halloween.

    Happy revising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the disgusting cookies - they look fantastic! Good luck with rewrites and may the agent love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame that Halloween isn't bigger. Maybe because it's spring there? It looks like you deserve your prize. They look very gross. How do they taste?

    ReplyDelete