Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Books I've Loved: Every Day


I just read the sequel to this one and remembered how startlingly original and amazing the first one was.  I didn't hate Another Day, but Every Day is something very special.  The protagonist is A, a person without a body who borrows a different one each day.

Basically this is a book about self and what makes a person him or herself.  Without the external trappings the rest of us carry around with us each day, A is the purest definition of a soul or personality.  A has thoughts and emotions and a moral code, but A doesn't have a gender or body image issue.  I found the concept fascinating and it was fun to see the way A managed each different body and tried to be respectful of it in the 24 hours of habitation.

In the sequel, the same story is told from the POV of Rhiannon, the girl A falls in love with in Every Day.  It's interesting as a companion piece, but really, the book doesn't have the same spark.  Stick with the original.

If you don't believe me, here's the blurb:

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.


It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

3 comments:

  1. I think I remember you mentioning that one. It really is an interesting idea. I'm pretty sure it's on my TBR list somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the premise is AWESOME! So original, so unique, and with a great conflict too. I wish I could come up with something so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add 1 slip of oil to your DermaLuxe favorite daylight or night cream to sustain moisturize and serene skin. Blondes can use the tea as a hair rinse plus to go to ache highlights to the hair. Use in Ointments, Creams, Compresses and Toners for wounds, skin regeneration, skin infections, and inflammatory skin conditions. Used as a Compress, in http://www.skinphysiciantips.com/do-not-buy-dermaluxe-must-read/

    ReplyDelete