Thursday, August 11, 2022

Celebrate the Small Things 12-8-22

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

I finished my job on Wednesday and am now a lady of leisure until Monday.  I know, it isn't a long break - probably not long enough, to be honest, but I couldn't make it work to get more time off.  I'm not entirely sure I'm celebrating leaving because I loved that job and had a fantastic team of people that I worked with.  It just felt like it was time to move on, so move I have.  I start my new role on Monday, which is exciting, although a little nerve wracking because they're welcoming me, and some other new people, with a powhiri. I had better brush up on my pepiha so I can introduce myself properly in te reo.

The great thing about finishing this week is that the film festival is still on so I can go to films during the day.  I have seen some interesting things since we last talked...  I saw a doco about Leonard Cohen and his song Hallelujah which was really interesting but got the damn song stuck in my head for about three days.  I saw a very surreal film about a group of sonic caterers (don't ask) at a residency and the journalist documenting their progress who suffered from terribly intestinal distress.  And I saw a very creepy Austrian horror film last night about a young girl going to stay with her aunt for the holidays in the hope she'd help her to lose weight.  Things most definitely did not go as she'd hoped they might...

I have six more to see before the end of the festival, so I'll tell you all about them on Monday.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment: