Thursday, August 19, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things 20-8-21

  

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

Well, the entire country is in lockdown again, so I guess I'm celebrating having a government that actually gives a shit about people's wellbeing.  We went into lockdown on Tuesday night after a single COVID case was found in the community.  That number has already jumped to over 20 and looks like it will grow even more.

Thankfully it looks like all the cases are linked and they have already traced where the infection began.  Unfortunately some of the infected people went to a lot of different places over the weekend, many of them very crowded.  And with this Delta variant, we've got to expect it to have spread even further.

At the moment the whole country is only supposed to be in lockdown until tonight, but I can't help thinking it's going to be longer.  So far the cases are all in Auckland, but I suspect there will be some popping up in other places in the next day or two.  We will find out at the briefing later today.

Glad I stayed at work late on Tuesday to hear the briefing from Jacinda because it meant I could get prepared to work at home.  Some of my colleagues were more optimistic and didn't take their screens etc. home.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. What a strange world you live in where the government actually takes care of its people. Seems like a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete