Thursday, August 1, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 2-8-24



It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

Well, not exactly...  I'm working about 16 hours tomorrow, so it's not really a weekend.  But on Sunday I have tickets to a 4-hour Frederick Wiseman documentary which I'm very much looking forward to.  Not for everyone, I'm sure, but for me, it's the most must-see film of the Festival.  I don't think I've ever missed a Wiseman doco.  Lucky the Film Festival tends to programme them because they don't tend to get a general theatrical release.

I kicked off my 2024 Film Festival yesterday afternoon with Humanist Vampire Seeks Consenting Suicidal Person, a dryly funny French Canadian film about a vampire with too much empathy to kill and her friendship with a morose young man who was picked on by all the town's bullies.  Very enjoyable!  I do love a vampire movie, especially ones that have new twists to the mythology.

I haven't got a heavy load of films booked this year, but I am going to 10, so I will report back on them as I go.

I don't expect to get any writing done this weekend, but I may take a day off during the week to make up for working the last two weekends, so that would make up for it.

What are you celebrating this week?





1 comment:

  1. Sixteen hours??? That's too much. Take that day off to rest at least.

    ReplyDelete