Thursday, September 15, 2022

Celebrate the small things 16-9-22

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

My oldest son turned 18 yesterday.  He's a legal adult.  He celebrated by going to the liquor store and buying a bottle of Jack Daniels.  I think he was disappointed that they didn't ask for his ID.  It still feels like he was a baby about five minutes ago...

I'm on to day 3 of the festival I'm working on - a celebration of Maori language to mark both 50 years of the petition to parliament and Maori language week. I've been in charge of ticketing and so far it has all run smoothly.  The events tomorrow are the ones that are likely to be messy - the venue for those ones holds thousands whereas the marae where I've been based until now only seats around 350, depending on the layout.  So wish me luck!  In a nice circularity,  the last event I'm working over the weekend is a couple of screenings of a film we funded in my last job, so that should be fun to work.

With all this going on and working every night, I haven't had a chance to write much at all and probably won't until next week.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. Eighteen? Wow! You now have an adult son! I hope he had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete