Friday, March 25, 2022

Celebrate the Small Things 25 -3-22

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

My father-in-law (or out-law as we often called him because my partner and I aren't married) passed away last week, so this week has been all about arranging his funeral and letting people who needed to know, know.  It has been a strange time because while it's sad that he is gone, he was 93 years old which is a pretty impressive run.  And until three weeks ago, he was living alone at his family home, still driving himself to the shops and basically independent.

When he was told this was not going to be the case any longer, that he wouldn't be able to live independently any longer, I think he decided that wasn't what he wanted, and he slipped away.  It was quick and I believe relatively painless.  The only really sad thing about it all was because of COVID restrictions, we couldn't see him before he passed.

So this week I am celebrating Peter's long life.  And his outlandish organisational skills which have meant organising his funeral has been pretty simple - the man left instructions and notes for everything!

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad. I'm so sorry for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete