Thursday, May 23, 2024

Celebrate the Small Tings 24-5-24

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!  Sort of...  I do I have to work, so maybe not so much.

I only got one query rejection this week, and sent off two more.  Still no requests.  My hit rate has never been so bad.  And I don't think it's the query or pages because I've had them both assessed professionally twice now, and both times the response has been enthusiastic.

So I'll keep trying.

I went to pub quiz with a couple of friends last night and we came 7th, which was a big surprise.  We didn't feel like we'd done well at all and were guessing we'd come around 15th or 16th (there were 22 teams), so to get 7th was cool.  No prizes, but still cool.

And that's about it for me.  What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely sure it's not you. Publishing is just a hundred times worse. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the rejections.
    I'm celebrating a long weekend, although, it's looking like we're gonna get a bunch of rain.

    ReplyDelete