Thursday, May 2, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 3-5-24





It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

I don't have a lot on this weekend, which is nice because next week we go live with our next event and I'm working nights Thurs-Sun and then am on call every other night until mid-June.  And with it being autumn and getting chilly at night, I imagine we'll have a few of our staff getting sick across the four weeks.  It's an outdoor event...

I've only had one more query rejection this week.  Still no requests for pages.  It's clearly very competitive out there at the moment, but I'm not sure what else I can do.  I've had my query package professionally assessed and been told it's very strong, so I have to just keep believing in my book and putting it out there.  Fingers crossed the right person will stumble across it eventually.

I got author copies of the anthology I have a story in and it's really pretty!  They sent me both hardback and paperback copies!  I've never had harcovers before.  They'll look lovely in the library!

And that's about me for celebrating this week.  What do you have to cheer about?

1 comment: