Thursday, May 11, 2023

Celebrate the small things 13-5-23


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!  And it's my birthday weekend, so it's extra celebratory.

My partner bought me a new bike to replace the one that got stolen earlier this year.  It's electric (future-proofing now that I'm elderly) which is kind of exciting.  I haven't ridden it anywhere yet - just around the parking lot at the bike shop - so looking forward to taking it for a proper spin over the weekend. My birthday isn't until Monday, so technically I probably should leave it until then, but I wanna ride it now!

Last night I got to go and see my son's band play at a bar.  Seriously, when did my kid get old enough to even go to bar? It's a pretty small venue, so even though only around 30ish people were there, it looked quite full.  It's the first time I've seen him as the frontman - in his old band he played bass - and it was pretty cool.  He has so much confidence.  I'm just not sure that telling the audience that the next song could be between 30 and 45 minutes long was a great idea...

Got a busy weekend ahead too.  Going out for dinner and to a friend's play tonight, then out to dinner with my family tomorrow.  On Sunday I'm thinking about going to the movies, but I have a screenplay a friend asked me to read to get through too, and I'm just not sure the weekend is long enough.  So we shall see...

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!!! And seriously, thirty to forty five minutes long? 🤣

    ReplyDelete