Thursday, April 6, 2023

Celebrate the Small Things 7-4-23




It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!  And it's a four-day weekend thanks to Easter!

So looking forward to having a few days off to actually catch up on my life.  Everything seems to have been moving very quickly this year and I feel like a need to catch my breath.

The anthology I have a story in has a publication date!  It will be out in the world in mid to late June.  I will look forward to sharing the cover with y'all in the near future!  It's the first time I've been published by a major publisher so I have great hopes that this book will have wider distribution than anything else I've published to date, and might be a stepping stone to something bigger.

Other than that, I don't have a lot of things to celebrate this week.  We found out on Wednesday that our Executive Director at work is leaving which is really sad.  She's moving on to a really fantastic role, so I'm thrilled about that, but still feeling mournful because she's the reason I decided to come and work here and she is just as amazing as I'd heard from others.  But on the plus side, we have an awesome team of people here and we will get through this period of change.

It's my sister's birthday on Sunday, so I guess I should celebrate that.  Or at least remember to email her or something.  She lives in the States so if I forget on the actual day, I have about 12 hours' grace to remember since my time zone is so far ahead of hers.

What are you celebrating this week?




1 comment:

  1. Always blame the time zones!

    I hope she has a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete