Sunday, October 24, 2021

Weekly Goals 25-10-21

 It always feels weird to be writing my weekly goals on a holiday Monday because it feels like a Sunday.  But of course, it isn't.

I've had a very peaceful long weekend with lots of time to read and paint and do household chores.  Most enjoyable!

  Unfortunately our hot water cylinder decided to stop working on Saturday so we've had no hot water since then because getting a plumber to come out on a long weekend, or even to answer a phone call, proved challenging.  Thankfully I managed to get one to come this morning (at great expense of course) and we should have hot water again this afternoon.  Thank goodness.  I feel so gross with not having had a shower since Friday!  Especially since I've been to the gym.  And I have paint is various places from my painting session on Saturday.

Here are a few examples of what I've been working on (excuse the ugly backgrounds):





Of course those are only the good ones.  I've had a few dismal failures that are stashed away in the shed until I can figure out what to do with them.  I think I may be able to sand off the bulk of the paint and re-use the canvases, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I still have a few more techniques to try, so my goal is to try those out next week.  I think my hairdryer technique needs some work too.  I haven't been that happy with most of the ones I've done using that.  It's probably me, but it might also be my crappy $19 hairdryer.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love those paintings! The colors are so nice. They're so fluid and alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were fascinating paintings. I'm not usually into abstracts, but I think they came out well. My goals this week are to read two mysteries I've been looking forward to (both Sherlock Holmes pastiches) and to study my Portuguese. We moved to Portugal in March and are taking lessons, but it's a challenging language!

    ReplyDelete