Thursday, October 7, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things 8-10-21





It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

And it has been a crazy week in terms of work.  So many things to do and so little time.

But I still managed for find time to go to the movies the other night.  I saw Annette, which is completely bonkers.  I loved every demented minute of it!  Highly recommend if you a) can suspend your disbelief a looooong way, b) like the band Sparks, c) consider Adam Driver one of the finest actors in his generation.

I'm having a film-y week this week (which shouldn't be unusual - I do work in the film industry) and am going to the opening of a short film festival tonight.  Unfortunately the organisers, who I have worked with for many, many years now, won't be there because Auckland is still in lockdown.  But on the plus side, at least the festival can go ahead outside Auckland, in cinemas where films are meant to be seen.

I don't have a lot planned for the weekend, so am hoping to get some time to read.  I also have a short story I'm trying to polish up to submit to a journal.  The kids are on holiday, so I figure they can do the housework while I write.

What are you celebrating this week?


1 comment:

  1. The kids can do the housework while you write! XD That's why you had them, right?

    ReplyDelete