Thursday, April 23, 2020

Celebrate the Small Things 24-4-20



This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to sign up!

What am I celebrating this week?

Well, we've made it through four weeks of lockdown.  Cases of COVID-19 are dropping daily and most of the new cases seem to be related to known clusters which means, as far as we know, community transmission is not happening.  Random testing in supermarket queues around the country is happening to test this theory further.

On Tuesday we move from Alert Level 4 to Alert Level 3.  This means a few more businesses will be able to get back to work.  Construction, for instance, and forestry.  Some restaurants will open for delivery and contactless pick-up.  I'm just hoping this includes the Indian place down the road.  The best curry in town!

For me, nothing much is going to change.  I'm still going to be working from home and even though schools are opening to kids up to Year Nine (which is my youngest son's year), if kids don't have to go, they're encouraged to stay home.  Since both my partner and I will be at home, the kids are also staying put.

It's not a lot of fun, but I'm grateful to be where I am.  When I look at what is happening across the rest of the world, we're very lucky to be here.  We have a smart, compassionate government who appears to be doing all the right things, and as a result, I think our country will get through this without the massive number of deaths other countries seem to be suffering.

And I live in a nice house, in a beautiful city where I can walk to a beach in 15 minutes in any direction.  The weather has been very kind to us during this quarantine too, and there has been only one day in four weeks where I haven't been able to get out for a walk or a bike ride.

So that's what I'm celebrating this week.  How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you and your family (and your country) are safe. How miraculous it is for the government to be competent.

    ReplyDelete