Tuesday, September 5, 2023

IWSG - September 2023

 


It's the first Wednesday of the month so it's time for the Insecure Writer's Support Group.  And it's an extra special one this month!

The awesome co-hosts for the September 6 posting of the IWSG are Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah - The Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James!


HAPPY TWELTH BIRTHDAY INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP!!!
Celebrate with us. Answer this month's question. 
🎈✨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸ°


Why thank you!  I shall!


The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you?

Gosh, I'm not even sure when I first discovered the IWSG.  I know I've been participating in these monthly blog posts for the last six or so years, but I'm pretty sure I was aware of it before that, and that I did occasionally engage with these posts even if I didn't do it every month.  But let's just say six years...

I think the thing I like the most about it is the people.  Writing books is a fairly solitary activity for the most part, so having a community of like-minded people to hang out with, even digitally, makes a huge difference.  Just knowing I'm not the only one struggling with the things I'm struggling with can be so helpful.  I've also learned a lot from other authors' blogs, and I hope some writers may have learned things from mine.

Being a co-host has also been a great experience because it means you visit blogs you may not visit on a regular basis and meet people that you may not have engaged with before.  And it's a great way to discover new authors and books to read.

I always look forward to the monthly email and the news from authors I may or may not have come across in the monthly blogs.  I always try to get to blogs I haven't visited before, but some months are so busy, it's difficult to make it around as many as I'd like to.  

So thank you IWSG!  Just knowing you're all there makes a big difference to this writer.  I hope to be here with you all again in another 12 years.


8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that the IWSG is a great community to be a part of. And I'm wondering if you'd want me to shout out about your new release in my Follower News in October. If it would help, email me. I really like your cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've gotten so much out of the IWSG community. I don't participate in it anymore, but I've met a lot of great writers through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite part of IWSG is that it keeps us connected in the blog community. Thanks for being a co-host!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The IWSG community is the best and I'm grateful we're still here and encouraging each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a solitary activity must be why I like writing. Too bad the rest of it's not equally solitary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that being a co-host helps you find blogs you may not have visited before, not just the ones you tend to read every month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, let's go for another 12 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Yes, one of the special characteristics of this group is the people who participate and our leader who keeps us together. I'm glad you're a part of it. All the best. Shalom shalom

    ReplyDelete