Thursday, September 7, 2023

Celebrate the Small Things 8-9-23

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!  And boy do I need it!  What a crazy week.

We launched the first four shows in the 2024 Arts Festival, farewelled our leader and welcomed the magnificent women who are stepping up to make sure we get through the next three events in our calendar.  So there's been quite a bit of stuff going on that was outside the usual work, which meant having to catch up on all the regular stuff.  I've learned that going on sale with events is never an easy, smooth process, no matter how much preparation you've done ahead of times.  

But it's done now, and I just have to get the next round ready to go.  Thankfully, I've hired someone to help out with all of this, so I won't be doing the next lot on my own.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend, although I have a lot of book promo stuff to do.  I have ARCs now!  So if you would like to read and review My Murder Year, please just let me know.

And the other thing I'm celebrating is a bargain!  I had to go down to the end of town I rarely get to on Tuesday, which meant I had a chance to go and browse my favourite shoe shop.  They had a sale on where you could buy two pairs of shoes from their sale rack for $320.  I was actually looking for some silver sneakers, but I ended up buying two pairs of boots, one red, one purple because they were such a bargain.  I mean, the red ones were $475!  And the other ones were $399.  So to get both pairs for less than the price of one?  Well, how could I say no?

Now I have to clean out my shoe rack and get ruthless about the shoes I never actually wear anymore.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this weekend because hubby and I are going to a zoo that has red pandas. Never pass up the chance to see red pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is an amazing deal considering their regular prices. How lucky you happened to be in the area!

    ReplyDelete