Friday, September 10, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things 10-9-21

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

The beginning of a return to normality, really.  Auckland is still in lockdown, but the rest of the country has moved into Level 2 which means things are beginning to go back to normal.  It's a little different than last time we were here because Delta is so much more transmissible so the government is being much more cautious.  

I went back to the office on Thursday and it is just so much nicer working form there than on my own at home.  Most people were still working from home so it was super quiet, but most of my team were there.

My cat, Lola, went missing last Friday afternoon.  She's done this before, so I wasn't too worried about her until she still hadn't shown up on Monday.  When she was still missing on Tuesday, I started doing all those things you do for lost pets - listing her on the missing pet websites, community message boards etc and registering her microchip as being a missing cat.  I printed flyers and put them in all the neighbors' letter-boxes.  

Still no sign of Lola.

Then yesterday afternoon my partner sent me a video text of her just wandering casually into the dining room as if she hadn't been away for a full week.  What a relief!  I have no idea where she has been, and probably won't ever find out, but she doesn't look any worse for wear, just a little skinnier than she was when she left.  My partner says he thought she smelled like old lady when she came home, which makes me wonder if she decided to move in with the 103-year-old woman who lives behind us for a few days...

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your kitty came back safe. I wonder what she was up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AppYeet APK - AppYeet App may be a free online platform for downloading numerous apps. Many samples of well-known applications embrace Spotify premium, Netflix free premium, Subway surfers hack, Instagram larva, etc. Appyeet is another standard app. this is often a game that everybody plays along.
    https://apkmodule.com/appyeet-mod-apk/

    ReplyDelete