Friday, October 12, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things 12-10-18



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

What am I celebrating this week?

The school holidays are finished!  

Yes, on Monday the kids go back to school.  I think we managed to keep them occupied more productively this holidays than the last, but they still spent far more time on their devices than I think is really healthy.  But I managed to have a day or two off with them each week, so that was good.

Unfortunately I haven't done much writing this week.  With having two days off with the kids, I had a huge pile of work to get through earlier in the week.  And then I still ended up having to bring some home.  Luckily the weather is disgusting right now, so I won't feel so bad about having to stay at home over the weekend to work.

Just as long as I can get to the gym at least once...

I'm not picturing next week being a whole lot better in terms of getting writing done either.  Somehow whenever I get a big project or two at work, my creative brain just goes on strike.  Probably because those big projects are always ones where I do a lot of writing and my writing brain is tapped out by the end of the day.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. It makes sense thought. You're focused on work so your creativity can't work at full capacity. Hopefully things will calm down soon and you can get back to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same. If there's something big I need to do, my focus is on that and writing just grinds to a halt.

    ReplyDelete