Sunday, February 25, 2018

Weekly Goals 26-2-18

After a week off from writing last week, I'm ready to get back to it this week.  My publisher has a call out for an anthology, so rather than diving into a new novel project, I thought I'd give a shorter piece a go.  I have an idea that I think might work with the theme, so this week will be all about exploring that and seeing how it goes.

There is always the possibility that the shorter piece may turn into a novel, but if I try to ignore the characters leading me away from the core plot, I hope to manage a story of around 20K.  I figure the first draft should take a couple of weeks.  Long enough to let SHOOK's new draft really settle.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. A short sounds like a good idea. What a great way to recharge you for editing your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the shorter work. I'm hoping to get some beta notes finished this week.

    ReplyDelete