Sunday, June 16, 2013

Probably not news.

I'm totally technologically retarded, so this is probably not news to any of you.  But I just discovered the most phenomenally useful editing tool!

I can send my manuscript, as a Word document, to my Kindle and read it the way I read a large number of published books.  Reading it on the Kindle gives me a whole new way of looking at the text, and things that may not have crossed my radar on the laptop screen, suddenly leap out at me.

And it's easy!  You just email the document to the @kindle address you're given when you set up your Kindle account, and go to the 'manage my Kindle' page on the Amazon website, and send the document to whatever device you want to read it on (for me, it's my iPhone).  Easy-peasy!

Is this something you knew you could do?  Do you do it?  Can it be done on other e-readers?

4 comments:

  1. Found this out myself a couple of months ago. fab isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er ... what now? Apparently you aren't totally technologically retarded -- but I am! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if it can be done on other e-readers. I like to do this for my CP's manuscripts that I'm looking over. It really does help me see new things when I'm not looking at the writing on my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started using the Kindle app could see how this is useful for an author. Formatting is so important Kate.

    ReplyDelete