Friday, July 12, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 12-7-24

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

And I don't have a lot on this week, so I'm hoping to get time to write another chapter or two of Kindness.  I may also be able to have a couple of days off during the week too.  We were all gifted an extra two days' leave for working on Light Cycles and they have to be used in July.  This week makes sense to use them because the following week is when things ramp up for our next event.

I snuck out of work a little early on Thursday to go and see Kinds of Kindness, the new film by Yorgos Lanthimos.   It's almost three hours long, but doesn't;t really feel long because it's broken into three parts, each of which is kind of like its own film.  Just all three have the same actors in them, just playing different parts.  And all three stories are about power - having it, not having it, relinquishing it.  It's interesting and absurd and makes you feel a little off kilter.

I loved it.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment: