Thursday, February 23, 2023

Celebrate the Small Things 24-2-23

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

I've had a stupidly busy week at work this week so I need a break.  Not that I think I'll get much of one.  I have a ton of things I need to do over the weekend, the most pressing to put my book cases back together after having to take everything down to get the new carpet laid (which is super nice to walk on and looks amazing).  So that's most of my Sunday gone...

I'm celebrating the new carpet and new furniture to go on it.  We finally bought a new couch and chairs for the first time since the year 2000.  I love that old couch and especially the squooshy chairs that are the perfect size for curling up and reading in, but they are worn out.  So looking forward to being comfortable on the new furniture.

My bike got stolen from outside my work this week, so I'm grumpy about that - not celebrating.  But on the plus side, there's only about six more riding weeks left before daylight saving finishes, so I will ride my son's bike to work for that time, and look at buying a new bike toward the end of the year when summer starts again.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Your bike got stolen? How unfair! I never understood why someone would steal a bike.

    I hope you find some time to relax this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your bike. That's why I don't ride mine, so no one can steal it. (And because I'm lazy)

    ReplyDelete