Thursday, November 4, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things 5-11-21

 



It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

Film festival! 

It's late, it's not happening in Auckland or Hamilton, but it is happening in Wellington where I live, so I'm going to indulge big time.  Especially since last year's event was a bit of a fizzer because most of the films were online instead of in cinemas.

I was lucky enough to score a last-minute ticket to the opening night last night and got to see Jane Campion's The Power of the Dog.  Truly exceptional filmmaking.  I've read the book it's based on a couple of times, and I read the script when it came in for funding a couple of years back, but the film still surprised me.  It's so refreshing to see a film that doesn't telegraph everything before it happens.  So unusual these days!

I have four more films to see before Monday, including a wonderful classic which I've never seen on the big screen before.  Very excited for that one!  Will report back on everything I've seen on Monday...

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I hope you share what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful event to look forward to. Enjoy! I'm celebrating the start of my physcial therapy for my shoulder injury 2 months ago. I've had 3 sessions so far and already it feels so much better.

    ReplyDelete