Thursday, September 17, 2020

Celebrate the Small Things 18-9-20





This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to sign up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

It's felt like a long week even though I had a half-day off on Tuesday because I felt sick, and then worked from home on Wednesday.  Still managed to get a lot of work done though...

Looking forward to the weekend and getting the house cleaned.  I was away at the mountains last weekend, and of course nobody thought to do anything useful around the house like laundry or cleaning anything.  My younger son did vacuum, he says, but the cats shed so much fur, it's always a little hard to tell.

My elder son turned 16 this week, which is both wonderful and terrifying.  And his band won their heat in the battle of the bands which means they move into the next round.

I've been working on Standing Too Close and hope to have a new draft finished by the end of the weekend (or next week at the latest).  I'm determined to get this finished by the end of the month and will query widely through October.  Eeeek!

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good week! Except for being sick. I hope you're feeling better. It's so scary to get sick these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent two afternoons working solo in a pre-kindergarten room, and it worked well and it was also frightening every second. I can do well with this age level, but it’s far from my forte. But we have so few babies at the moment, and none at all (at least showing up) in my room, so the center uses me as necessary...

    ReplyDelete