Sunday, August 9, 2020

Weekly Goals 10-8-20

My goals are pretty simple this week.

The new story still needs more time to germinate, I think.  I need to figure out how to write a story in which the main character, at least at the beginning of the book, doesn't really speak.  I tend to use dialogue a lot to move things along, so it's going to be a challenge to write a character who chooses, for a variety of reasons, not to talk.

So while my brain does the heavy lifting on that, I'll keep working on revising SHOOK.  It's not terribly exciting work, but it needs to be done and it's something to do while I wait for the next round of critiques to come back on Standing Too Close.

What are your goals this week?

3 comments:

  1. Hello dear, how are you?
    Great goals you have. I have not really planned this week but I am looking to finishing a decor.
    How is Monday going?
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/08/name-change-after-marriage-tradition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to write dialogue, too, so those quiet characters really are a challenge. I tend to go the internal monologue route in those cases. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

    This week, I hope to figure out what exactly is bothering me about my current WIP and then figure out what exactly I can do to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good. Let the ideas ruminate. The answers will come.

    ReplyDelete