Sunday, August 26, 2018

Weekly Goals 27-8-18

I'm just over the 30K mark on the new book, and it's time to get into the real meat of the story.  By now, Luke should be deeper into the issues he's dealing with than I think he actually is.  But then, I already know there are several sections I'm going to cut out or move when I revise because they don't really work, so maybe I am where I'm supposed to be.

The problem with writing to prompts is that they don't always work for the story, especially if they are really specific.  I work better with broader ones, or ones that ask for one specific thing to be included in the story.  Those are easy to weave in, and often send the story in interesting directions.

So this week my goal is to keep writing to the prompts, but to keep focused on driving the story toward its ending.

And after eating far too many burgers in the last two weeks, my other goal is to eat more healthy lunches all wee.  And go to the gym.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. My goal this week is to finish some long overdue reviews for others. Then to start looking for contests to enter a book of mine that is going to come out in early November. Hats off to you that you can write to prompts while in the midst of a novel. I don't think I would be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goal. I haven't really set any other than work on edits and not go crazy from allergies. LOL

    ReplyDelete