Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekly Goals 29-2-16

I feel like I'm getting repetitive here, but I'm still working through the ending of My Murder Year.  I've been writing and re-writing the same chapter for over a week now, and still can't seem to get it right.  I'm trying to write something truthful, but in reality, the truth isn't nearly as exciting as the various scenarios my MC has been imagining throughout the book.  So by being honest, I feel like the ending is going to be a little flat.

But I'll keep trying.  I'm sure there is some kind of twist I can throw in to make things a little spicier.  I just need to finish this little section and then we're on to the epilogue which I already love.

I'm just short on time.  Lots going on at the moment.  But I'm making it a promise that next Monday, I will have finished this draft.  If I haven't, you all have permission to jeer loudly at me.

What are your goals this week?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good that you want to make an ending that's true but also has an impact. And that can be very hard! Hopefully you'll have the time to keep working on it. I know you'll get it right :)

    ReplyDelete