Sunday, February 14, 2016

Weekly Goals 15 -2 -16

I reached a point in my revision where I'd really just written notes and sketches, so I'm going to have to do a lot of new writing to fill in the gaps.  I am also not sure that where I took my character was realistic, so I may have to re-write the whole rest of the book to make it work.

So...  My progress is going to be slower for the rest of it.  I'm aiming at 2 chapters this week.  If I manage a little more, that will be good, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  I figure there are 5-6 chapters left to go, so even if I only manage 2 a week, I'm good.

I'm going away overnight on Tuesday, so I know I won't get anything done that night, so I think 2 chapters is a realistic goal.

What are your goals this week?

5 comments:

  1. It's good that you know where the spots are that need more work. Revision is always so enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice goal, of two chapters and hope you achieve it in the end. Have a productive week and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to do some new writing in my revision quest, too. There are a few other things going on this week, so my goal is to just keep plugging away at it as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with that. I hope you don't have to rewrite too much, but of course you have to do what's right for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a realistic goal. This week I'm submitting some illustrations for some poetry books a friend of mine is publishing. Also working on blog posts to get ready for the A to Z bloggin challenge.

    ReplyDelete