Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekly Goals 21-9-15

Firstly, I should clear up something from my last post.  When I said that one of our films had won at Venice, it isn't a film I made - thanks for the congratulations, but it's unearned.  The organisation I work for partially funded the film, which is why the whole office was celebrating.

Now, on to this week...

My goal is to get through another 5 or 6 chapters of revision.  I don't see that being too difficult because  I don't think I have a lot of extra stuff on this week.  Although I'm not sure what shape the upcoming chapters are in...  I could be speaking too soon!

I've been reading the banned book over the weekend and hope to finish it today. So far I can't find anything in there that's even remotely controversial and am slightly baffled at the people who are demanding it be taken off shelves.  Not to mention slightly terrified about what prospects my own books will have in this country if something so unthreatening can get people riled up enough to ban it.

What are your goals this week?

1 comment:

  1. Funding them helps them get it made so it can win awards, so you should be proud of that :).

    What's the name of the banned book (I can't remember if you mentioned it earlier or not)? I'd like to try to figure out what makes it ban-able, too.

    ReplyDelete