Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And.....Done

Nothing like a huge rainfall of disappointment to kick me in the butt. After wallowing around in my despair hole for he morning (and dealing with several very tricky, messy situations at work) I plonked myself in front of Tail Lights and resolved to finish this re-write before bedtime. In fact, I swore I would not go to bed until it was done.

And it is...

Well, as near to done as a fully re-written second draft can be. There's a chapter toward the beginning I want to rewrite, and there are odd bits and pieces of information I need to sprinkle through, but it's nearly there. I'm going to work on those things I know I need to do for the next couple of days, then I'm going to put the book aside for a week, work on something else, or maybe just take a week off to get a pile of new queries out on A9.

Then, I'll read through and see what I need to tweak and change, make those changes and send the book out to my critique partner.

Then, back to rewrites. My goal is to have this book as done as I can get it by October. Realistic?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know my rewrites always take me longer than I want them to.

    ReplyDelete