Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bad timing

I made kind of a fatal mistake. This week is the reviewing marathon for our novella project. That I knew. But unfortunately, it turns out, it's also the week of the review frenzy in my YA novel group. I thought that was another week away. Assignment 9 is still somewhat fragmented, and I need to write another chapter or two to make it fit together. I also am only 101 pages into the 222 pages with editing. So, it's a race against the clock. Can I finish editing and writing before tomorrow night? Perhaps, but doubtful. But I'll give it a shot.

Then during the week I have to read and review a whole novel plus try to get through at least two of the novellas. Not sure how I'm going to do it. I think the next two weeks are going to be devoted entirely to reviewing and I'll do no writing at all. I also have a very busy couple of weeks at work because I'm going away on the 1st October for 10 days and will need to have everything set up for the team while I'm away.

So I'm feeling a little under pressure right now.

And then, to make things even more stressful, last night I went to send a mail-out to my mailing list at work, and discovered the almost 3000 member list had become 23. And I can't seem to recover them. I've spent more than 5 years building that list, and it's probably the most valuable marketing tool I have. Gone. I have no idea why or how, but it's definitely disappeared. I do still have a box of forms that people have filled out to join the list, but I don't have the time to re-enter every single one of them by hand. AHHHGGGG!

Well, I'm off to try and formulate a plan for getting all this stuff done in a timely fashion. If you don't see me around here for a few days, well, now you know why....

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, Kate. That sounds bad on all fronts. Don't you have a peon at work who can re-enter the names/addresses for you? About the reviewing - you can only do what you can do. Neither group will kick you out if you come up a bit short. We luvs ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Laura. I have a plan... For the reviewing, that is. The mailing list is a bigger problem, but one I'm handing off to someone else more commputery. I'm starting my reviewing week with your novella though. Tonight. As soon as I finish editing/loading the last 2 chapters of A9 onto WDC!

    ReplyDelete