Friday, July 14, 2023

Celebrate the Small Things 14-7-23

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!  A long weekend.  And then I go on vacation.

When I planned my vacation I didn't realize Friday was Matariki (the Māori New Year) and therefore a long weekend, but how good it that?  So this weekend I plan to really put my head down and work on Guide Us.  I would love to have this revision entirely finished before I go so I can come back with fresh eyes and polish it up.  I was pretty positive I'd be able to do that, but I had one of those annoying revelations that an entire chapter I added recently was wrong and I have to go back and make that chapter into something else to make the next part of the story make sense.  Or move a major event elsewhere, which could also work, but will require lots of other changes to make it fit.

So, that's my long weekend.  Along with getting ready to leave the country on Monday.  It's been ten years since I went overseas (which seems insane considering how much travelling I did prior to that) and I'm hoping I remember how to travel!

So the blog will be dark next week.  I'll be back after 25 July with some stories from Samoa.

Have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. Oof, one of those revelations always means a lot of work. Have a nice time! I can't wait to hear about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had revelations like that before- and although it is a lot of work, it's worth it in the end. :) Hope you remembered how to travel and had a fabulous time away! ~Jess

    ReplyDelete