Sunday, March 5, 2023

Weekly Goals 6-3-23

 This week I'm working on the dreaded synopsis for Guide Us and a query letter.  I feel like I'm very close to being ready to query this one, so need to make sure I have everything an agent might request as part of a query package.  I hate synopses.  Especially when you need ones of all different lengths.  I always feel like really important stuff falls by the wayside in the interest of brevity.  

For instance, in the book I'm currently working on, Juliet is really close to her twin brother and they look after one another.  But somehow that isn't coming through in the synopsis and Jason sounds like a real prick because of some of his actions (which aren't great, I admit, but are not done to hurt Juliet even if they eventually do).  But adding details about their relationship adds words to the synopsis without driving the plot forward, so those moments are missed. 

But I guess I'll get there in the end.  I usually do.  Eventually.

So, that's my goal for this week.  To get those boring jobs done so I can get this book out into the world in the next month or so..

What are your goals this week?

1 comment: