Thursday, May 21, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 22-5-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



I accidentally started a new book.  I was working away at my painfully-slow-to-come book, and suddenly an idea popped into my head that felt too intriguing not to explore.  So I opened a new document and started writing.  And this one is coming way easier.  So I'm going to leave the other project alone for a bit and focus on this new one until I get stuck.

I went to see a band play last night and caught up with an old friend from Australia.  It's been ages since I went to a gig and I enjoyed it very much.

I have a day off from work today because my partner is working and I need to pick up the kids from school.  Before that I'm going to take care of all those boring things I never have time to do when I'm working - going to the dentist and that kind of thing.

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. Maybe the creativity from working on one project will rub off on the other. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day off. But the dentist? Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new book! That's always such a great rush. Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never imagined I'd hear the phrase "I accidentally started a new book." Haha! I know a lot of people have rules about daily writing counts and such, but I think it's important to be flexible and to follow your heart wherever it leads. I'm thrilled you have gotten inspired and spent a great writing day. (I just broke a tooth and need to go to the dentist too... So as usual, I'll wait until it gets infected in a few months and I'm in terrible pain, and then I'll go. Yes, I'm just a big chicken.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new idea popping into your head must be a good thing. Go with it!!! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to find a dentist, been having a toothache and my previous guy...got a little weird, plus I think so many people felt that way, he's hardly there. Enjoy your time off.

    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run with it!!! Enjoy the weekend, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for new projects! Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete