Thursday, February 27, 2014

Celebrate the Small things 28-2-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?





I got my first 'fan mail' from a reader this morning, and it's made me ridiculously happy.  Even if hers is the only life my novel touches, it makes the whole agonizing writing process worthwhile..

I got to go and see my friend perform in an Arts Festival show last night.  She was brilliant (but she usually is) and the show was fantastic.  It was so funny to see one of my other friends, who usually is the front-man for a rock band, doing cabaret...  But didn't he look like he was loving it?

I sent my crappy first(ish) draft of my rewritten novel to a reader earlier this week, and am now waiting nervously for feedback.  I know parts of it work, but I'm not sure the whole thing hangs together as a whole now that I've removed the second POV.  But even if there is still a whole lot of work to do, I'm happy to be done and am celebrating with a few days off from writing.  Back to the salt mines on Monday....

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. I hope you get some good feedback. Congrats on the fan mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're next on my list to send it to, so I hope you're ready!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy about the wonderful fan mail!! And yay for taking a few days off from writing. You've been working so hard, you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just heard Lexa cried at your fan mail. You should dance around like a lion (I imagine they could dance and roar?!) and soak it up. Genuine sentiment is the MAJOR prize and praise of any artist. Good for you! :) *Big grin. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful about the fan mail.. Definitely worth all those hours. Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely about the fan mail, and to have touched that person's life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan mail! How wonderful. May you get many more!

    ReplyDelete