Friday, November 1, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things 1/1/13



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 


So, what am I celebrating this week?




It's my anniversary.  My partner and I have been together for 16 years now, which seems incredible.  To celebrate, we went out for dinner at a very fancy restaurant.  And I have to say, I think it was the best meal of my life.  The food was exquisite, down to the very last detail.  We drank a wonderful bottle of French wine with it, and the whole experience was fantastic.  I just wish eating at places like that was something I could afford more often.

I managed to do some work on my WIP this week.  Not a lot, but I did crack the 50K mark  which is always a good thing psychologically.  It's so close to being finished.  I just need to get to the climax, write it, and then boom!  Sounds easy, doesn't it?  Yeah, not so much....

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. The night out sounds wonderful! And congratulations on the anniversary -- that's awesome!

    And way to go on the writing. That's a major milestone, I think. I have a hard time getting to that 50k mark.

    Well, unless I'm trying to write a short story of about 10-15k. Then I have no problem going way over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww congratulations on 16 years together :)
    And yay on getting the 50k mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds difficult to me, but I always get a bit of writers block near the end. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! I guess that restaurant must've been really great because you're a hard judge for obvious reasons. I'm happy you had such a nice time. Soon your WIP will be done, don't worry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Glad you had such a nice night out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck finishing your WIP! And Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary and congrats on breaking the 50K mark! Both are wonderful achievements, of which you should be proud, as well as grateful! :-)
    Check Out Mina's Resurrection Blogfest II!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 16 years, now that's certainly worth celebrating. And Grats to the 50k mark. Just that many words on the page in ANY order is an accomplishment. Getting them in the order you want? Even more so!

    ReplyDelete