Monday, January 10, 2011

Excercise

As part of my new year's plan to lose enough weight to be the 14 year-old me again (yes, I know it's probably unrealistic, but I believe in having really BIG goals) I am exercising more. That means 4 trips to the gym per week instead of the 3 I've been doing over the last year or so. I'm not great at motivating myself, and really feel like I work harder when I'm in classes so I've worked out a series of classes I can make it to around all my other commitments. So, on Tuesday's I'll do combat (which is really hard) and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I'll do spin.

I can't think about anything but combat when I do combat - I'm super uncoordinated and would probably kill myself or someone else if I tried - but I find I come up with lots of great writing motivation while on the spin bike. Often whole scenes come to me, fully formed while I'm tackling a steep hill, or racing through a speed section.

Then all I need to do is write it down when I get home, dripping sweat across my keyboard as I do.

What exercise do you do? Does it help with your creative pursuits?

No comments:

Post a Comment