Tuesday, January 2, 2024

ISWG Jan 2024

It's the first Wednesday of the month (and indeed of the New Year) so it's time for the Insecure Writers Support Group.



The awesome co-hosts for the January 3 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Olga Godim, Diedre Knight, and Natalie Aguirre.

This month's question has me kind of stumped!

Do you follow back your readers on BookBub or do you only follow back other authors?

It's not something I've ever thought of before.  I barely use BookBub, and who I follow and who follows me isn't something I ever think about.  I have always found the site confusing and fairly difficult to use, so it isn't somewhere I spend a lot of time.  I probably only have about 7 followers - I've never actually looked - and I probably follow about the same number of people.  I think they are probably all authors, but authors are readers too...

So I don't have a real answer.  Maybe I'll take some time when I get back from vacation and actually look into it.  But I probably won't.  I've never found much use for BookBub other than the number of sales you pick up if you're lucky enough to get picked for a BookBub deal, something that has only happened for me once, despite hundreds of applications.

But I'd be interested to know if I'm missing something here.  Do any of you successfully use BookBub in some other way?  Tell me more in the comments...

Happy New Year, y'all!  Here's to a fab 2024.


6 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of BookBub. I didn't realize I was that out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that BookBub isn't that helpful for published authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This month's question would have stumped me, too, because though I have at least heard of BookBub, I've never used it and I really don't know what it is.

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never use BookBub for anything outside of accepting friend requests. I'm just not sure what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if the BookBub execs are reading these posts and wondering where they went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Patricia, I never use BookBub. There are too many social sites out there what with my limited time. Then, there is substack. Sigh. I am social media-challenged! Best of writing success in 2024!

    ReplyDelete