Friday, January 18, 2019

Celebrate the Small Things 18-1-19



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

What am I celebrating this week?

I made it through my first week back at work for the new year relatively unscathed.  And like some kind of reward, Monday is a public holiday, so next week will be shorter.

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to see one of my all time favourite singer/songwriters perform a very different kind of show.  Nick Cave, whose music I have loved since I was a young teenager, came and did an 'in conversation' here.  Which meant he sang a few songs, just him and a piano, and answered questions from the audience.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I was pleasantly surprised at how few stupid or non-question questions were asked.

The kids are away until Monday, so my partner and I have been taking advantage of their absence and  have been going out on our own.  On Thursday night there was live music at the Botanic Gardens and we took a picnic dinner and went to that, and tonight I think we may go to a movie.

Luxury!

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments: