Thursday, June 2, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 3-6-16

This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

LOOOOONG weekend!  Yes, this Monday is the day New Zealand celebrates the Queen's birthday so it is a 3-day weekend.  I am very much looking forward to having the extra day off.  Both the kids are going to Armageddon (which is kind of like ComicCon) with other kids' parents, so I will only have to deal with one kid at a time at home.  Which means much less fighting.

The weather is supposed to be nice too, and on Monday my youngest and I are heading up the coast to spend the day with my friend who lives at the beach.  Fingers crossed it warms up a little as well as staying sunny.  It's been cold the last couple of weeks.

So cold, I let my older son talk me into buying a onesie.  It's a pink flamingo onesie and utterly ridiculous looking, especially for me who never wears anything pink.  But damn is it warm!  I've been jumping into it as soon as I get home every night so I stay snug while I'm writing.

I hit the half-way mark on my revisions this morning which is good, but I'm still behind schedule.  Will have to work my little butt off for the next 10 days if I'm going to get this draft off to CPs before I leave for a conference on 14 June...  No TV for me!

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I hadn't even thought of New Zealand in relation to the United Kingdom. It's actually kind of sad that Americans don't participate in this kind of thing. Clearly we were as obsessed as anyone about William and Kate's wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels strange to read how cold it is where you are. We are having a heat wave! Sacramento CA is usually hot in summers, and our worst months are July & August, but we are having triple digit weather NOW, in June. Totally unexpected.

    Good luck with getting your revisions done in time. And enjoy your conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new draft heading our way? Exciting! I hope your boys have a great time at the con and that you stay snug in your onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A onesie on a cold day sounds comfy! I hope it warms up for you.

    Congrats on hitting the halfway mark, I know how good that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That onesie sounds wonderfully warm and cozy. Good luck getting your revisions done and enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete