Friday, June 24, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 24-6-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

My partner is going to get surgery on Monday.  We've been waiting a while for this, so it's great news although a little stressful.  Any time doctors are going into people's heads, it's scary.  But fingers crossed it all goes well and my partner will be able to live without the crippling pain he's been dealing with for the last two years.

I've almost finished making the revisions to my book my first CP mentioned when she sent back notes. I will probably be done by the middle of next week, if everything goes to plan.

My youngest son turned 9 on Tuesday, so I have a birthday party to deal with today.  My son told me yesterday that half the kids he's invited are Muslim and it's Ramadan so they can't eat while it's light.  Makes things a little tricky…  It's not fair not to feed the other kids, but how can I give them cake and stuff while the other kids can't have any?  It may be something of a challenge!

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Good for your son for inviting a diverse crowd. Here, children aren't expected to fast, just adults. I hope everything goes well with the surgery and he has a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes smoothly with the surgery. Happy Birthday to your Son!!!

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your son, and I agree with Lexa, good for him to have diverse friends. Obviously he's learned that at home. Best wishes for your partner's surgery to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the surgery goes well. The birthday thing sounds like quite a conundrum. I'm not sure what to do unless you host an evening party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many challenges with kids' birthday parties and such these days! When I was a kid, you just went to a party and everyone ate. That makes me sound old. "Back in my day!!!" Praying all goes well with your partner's surgery.

    ReplyDelete