Thursday, July 9, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 10-7-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



Can I celebrate that it's over?  It's been one of those long weeks.  I'm not sure why, but every day felt like it was longer than a regular day.  Maybe because there has been a massive cold snap across the country and every day this week has been closer and wetter and more miserable than the last.  Maybe just because it's the middle of the year.

I haven't written as much as I'd hoped this week.  I plan to get some done over the weekend, and hopefully most of next week, but I've pretty much given up on reaching my 40K Camp NaNo target already.  I'm behind, and once it hits July 23rd and the Film Festival starts, my writing time will be virtually non-existent until the second week of August.  So unless I pull a miracle out of my butt and manage to write 10K this weekend (not likely), I doubt I'll make 40K.  Maybe 30K

The first week of the kids' vacation has gone smoothly.  Let's hope next week goes as well.

Now, I'm going to go and drink a big glass of red wine because I feel like I deserve it.  Then I'll think hard about writing.  And probably drinking another glass of red.

What are you celebrating this week?

11 comments:

  1. Cheers to the red wine. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and yes the week seemed longer than usual. Glad its over and done with. Have a joyful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder where summer went? It's been cool, drenching rain, and blah!!! Hope is gets better and you can get some writing done this weekend with a nice glass of wine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need rain where I am (Sacramento). Glad the first week of vacation went well. Enjoy the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some weeks are harder than others. Hope you get some writing done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30k in a month is great too. I'm hoping your cold snap goes away, your Film Festival goes smoothly, and you have some great wine-fueled inspirations about your WIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having a tall goblet of pinot myself. Thanks for blitzing me today.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I hate most about days that seem longer is that you can still never seem to have gotten anything done. Go enjoy your wine. You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the long week. I hope you enjoyed your wine. 30k still kicks my slow butt way out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some time about a hard week is worth celebrating for sure. Good luck finishing Camp NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those kinds of weeks are not fun. I hope this week is much better! Good luck with your NaNo goals!

    ReplyDelete