Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekly goals 8-12-14

This week's goals involve cutting words, not making word count.  My agent asked me to make some cuts to The Sidewalk's Regrets before we take it out on submission, so I'm sifting through the book, looking for scenes and sentences and even single words I can cut out without losing anything important.  So far, I've managed to lose about 5K.  It may be all I can do, but I'd like to try and get another 2K or so out if I can.

Once I've finished cutting, I'll go back to my NaNo book and try to finish it.  I'd like to get done by Christmas so I can set it aside to rest until the kids go back to school at the end of January.  Not sure that's going to happen, but I'll give it a shot.

While My Murder Year is resting, I have an NA book I've been working on off and on over the past year, and I plan to try and get that finished over the summer holiday period.

I'm heading into my second week of my new job, so I'm hoping to start feeling like I have more of handle on what I'm doing….  And I hope to get some Christmas shopping done in my lunch-breaks.  I'm feeling pretty behind on that because I haven't really started.

What are your goals this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment