Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Missing

My son has been away for just over a week now. He's at the beach with his grandparents and we're going to join him there on Saturday. That's 3 more days away. I've never been away from my son for this long before, and I miss him. The house is oddly quiet without him. But if I'm missing him, you should see his little brother!

My kids are pretty close. There's 3 years between them, but most of the time they get on really well. They play together a lot, and big E lets little O tag along when he's playing with his friends too. I keep wondering how long it will last. I never played well with my sister, especially if either of us had friends over.

Being home all week without his brother has meant O has had to find ways to play alone. And he hasn't done too badly. I think the unlimited access to E's forbidden toys has had a lot to do with it, but I also think it's given him a chance to exercise his own imagination. E always directs the games and invents the plots, so without him, O has been forced to make up his own.

I hope it encourages him to put forward his own ideas when he and E are back together again. But I doubt it...

Do you have kids? Do they play nicely together or not?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet about your boys. My oldest is in first grade and my second is at home. He's four and he follows me around all day asking where his big brother is. It's adorable (most of the time).
    Enjoy your alone time with your little boy!

    ReplyDelete