Sunday, January 28, 2018

Weekly Goals 29-1-18

I have just about tied up all the little things that were hanging over me from last year, so this week my goal is to get writing again.

I have a book that I wrote in dual POV, and several agents have requested it, but they all came back saying they felt one character was more interesting and compelling than the other, and that they felt the book should be his story.

So my first project this year is to rewrite this book into a single POV. It will be an interesting exercise because the action can remain the same in the chapters that were in Amy's POV, just how they are experienced will be different.  I think it will also be a good way to cut the word count a little too...  I can already think of at least two chapters that can be entirely cut if I'm going to switch the POV.

So my goal this week is to get through rewriting four chapters.  If I can do five, even better, but I want to keep my goals realistic so I don't feel like a failure.  I would like to have finished this re-writing project by early March so I can move on to something new.

What are your goals this week?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it might be tough to switch it to a single POV, though I'm sure you can do it. Good luck with the rewrites :)

    ReplyDelete