Thursday, April 2, 2015

B is for Books

As anyone who follows this blog knows, I love to read.  I'm never not in the middle of something.  Usually two somethings because I tend to have a paper book going for reading in bed and in the bath, and an e-book for reading on public transport.

I love my Kindle app, but nothing will ever replace paper books as my true love.

There's something about the smell of the ink, the tactile nature of turning pages, the soft whisper of paper against paper.  I love being able to see the cover art without squinting at it and finding all the subtle nuances and references to the story in it.  Or noticing how flawed the artwork is at showing what the book is about.

So as much as I appreciate the convenience of the e-reader, and the fact I can carry 100 books around with me without breaking my back, paper books will always be my preference.

What do you prefer to read?

5 comments:

  1. I love my Kindle, but paper books will always be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate, I saw your link on Janet Reid's blog. To answer your question, I do most of my recreational reading in the bathtub, and in bed late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the paper book preference over e-readers, although I went through a spell where I thought I'd gone to the digital side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper for me, too. I mean, no one's going to break into your car to steal your book if you leave it on your dashboard.

    ReplyDelete