Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Year

With the A-Z winding down, it means April is almost over.  Where has this year gone?  It feels like it should be about mid-February, yet we're grinding toward the middle of the year already.

I feel like I've achieved virtually none of the things I've planned for the year, so if I'm going to get them done, I need to get my ass into gear and start working.  Or it will be a new year and I still won't have done them.

It feels like years go bay much quicker now than they did when I was younger.  Is that because a year becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of your life as each one goes by?  I'm sure it felt like decades between Christmases when I was a child, but now it seems like the stores have Santa in the window every five minutes.

And birthdays seem to come by with alarming regularity.  I'm sure I just ignored one, yet another is looming ahead of me and people have already started asking what I'd like to do for it.  Another birthday?  Um…. Ignore it?  If you don't celebrate it, then you're not a year older, right?

2 comments:

  1. All my life I've heard people say "time goes quicker when you're older" and never thought much about it. But it's true. Well, okay, scientifically speaking it isn't--seconds, minutes, and hours move along at the same rate as before. It does feel like it, though. Sometimes I think the last 20 years has flashed by in a blur--and what have I done? But when I stop and think of all that's happened in that time (quite a lot), I don't feel so bad about it. Until I think how it feels like 1995 was only a few days ago... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But if you don't celebrate it, you don't get cake. You see the dilemma.

    The year really does seem to be going by too fast. There isn't enough time to do all the stuff I want to do...

    ReplyDelete