Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Sunday, January 29, 2012
FALLOUT FROM JAEGER
@youngerkate How’d you feel about being a daddy?
@maybehubby A what?’
@youngerkate A dad. You know, a father.
@maybehubby Are you trying to tell me something?
@youngerkate Yep. Ten weeks.
@maybehubby You’ve known for ten weeks?
@youngerkate No. I’m ten weeks pregnant.
@maybehubby How long have you known?
@youngerkate Only since last week.
@maybehubby You’ve known that long? Why didn’t you…
@youngerkate You were on tour.
@maybehubby Oh my god! We’re having a baby.
@youngerkate Looks that way…
@maybehubby But I don’t want to have a baby.
@youngerkate I’m not exactly ready either!
@maybehubby Only ten weeks, right? You could still….
@youngerkate If I wanted to. But I don’t.
@maybehubby Why not?
@youngerkate I’m thirty-one, dude. I’m not unhappy about it.
@maybehubby What if I’m unhappy?
@youngerkate I was pretty freaked out to begin with too!
@maybehubby You’re on the pill. How’d it happen?
@youngerkate The usual way. The pill’s not infallible.
@maybehubby You didn’t do it on purpose did you?
@maybehubby Stop taking the birth control?
@youngerkate No! Of course not!
@maybehubby I’m not mad. Just….scared.
@youngerkate I know. But we’ve talked about it.
@maybehubby Talking about kids is different to having them.
@youngerkate You said you’d have kids with me.
@maybehubby I didn’t think you’d get pregnant…
@youngerkate So quickly, right?
@maybehubby You’ve only been back, what?
@youngerkate Ten weeks.
@maybehubby You mean…
@youngerkate That night.
@maybehubby The Jaeger?
@youngerkate That’s when it happened.
What do you think? And don't forget to pop over and see some of the other entries. It's going to be great!
Friday, January 27, 2012
- On Feb 10, post your information on your blog (I'll tell you what information below)
- Between Feb 10-13, go visit all the other people's blogs, and read what they've got to offer.
- If you're interested in reading and/or helping them out, let them know by replying to their post
- If you love the idea, but just don't feel like you're the right person to provide feedback or don't have the time, let them know you loved their idea and why.
- Don't feel compelled to offer to read for someone just because they offered to read for you. I mean certainly, talk and hit it off and see how it goes, but I'm just saying...
What your post needs to contain?
- Genre, Age Group (YA or Adult), & Title of your story
- Your current story status. Are you working on a first draft? Trying to wrap up a final draft for submission? Somewhere in between?
- What kind of feedback are you looking for? A full-blown line-edit and critique? Overall thoughts? Input as you move through each chapter? Something else? How detailed or high-level do you want to go?
- A pitch, blurb, or query about your book so we know what it's about. I'll leave it up to you to decide how you'd like to sell it, but try and keep it under 300 words.
- The first 500 words of your story. This isn't an agent-judged contest or anything like that, it's a search for feedback, so give us what you've got.