Friday, January 27, 2012

Blogfest alert!


My good friend and critique partner Loralie Hall is hosting a fantastic blogfest in February. It's to help you find critique partners and beta readers and we can never have enough of them, can we?

So here's the skinny....

  • On Feb 10, post your information on your blog (I'll tell you what information below)
  • Between Feb 10-13, go visit all the other people's blogs, and read what they've got to offer.
  • If you're interested in reading and/or helping them out, let them know by replying to their post
  • If you love the idea, but just don't feel like you're the right person to provide feedback or don't have the time, let them know you loved their idea and why.
  • Don't feel compelled to offer to read for someone just because they offered to read for you. I mean certainly, talk and hit it off and see how it goes, but I'm just saying...

What your post needs to contain?
  • Genre, Age Group (YA or Adult), & Title of your story
  • Your current story status. Are you working on a first draft? Trying to wrap up a final draft for submission? Somewhere in between?
  • What kind of feedback are you looking for? A full-blown line-edit and critique? Overall thoughts? Input as you move through each chapter? Something else? How detailed or high-level do you want to go?
  • A pitch, blurb, or query about your book so we know what it's about. I'll leave it up to you to decide how you'd like to sell it, but try and keep it under 300 words.
  • The first 500 words of your story. This isn't an agent-judged contest or anything like that, it's a search for feedback, so give us what you've got.
So there you have it! If you're looking for people to read your work and give you feedback (and I know I am. I'm 98% sure I finished my latest draft of Boyfriend last night), then this is the blogfest for you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention :-D

    And...in case anyone else here is wondering if they're going to find anything to new to read, I just finished 'Boyfriend' and holy wow, so come back and check out Kate's blog that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great timing, I may check this out.

    ReplyDelete