Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finished!

I've finished my book. It's done. After 7 long months and 4 full drafts, The Boyfriend Plague is finished.

Well, as finished as it can be at this moment. I'm sure there will be tweaks and changes to be made after my betas and CPs have been through.... But the feedback I've had so far (2 people have read it) has been good, and I'm feeling vaguely positive about it.

But I haven't read it all the way through yet. I'm leaving it for a week or so before I do because I need to distance myself from the experience of writing it. Especially the last two chapters which I wrote and rewrote 3 times in the space of a week. I'm still not 100% sure I like the ending, but I'm waiting for other people to give me advice before I tackle it again.

For now, I'm going to just bask in the feeling of finishing. And do some reading for other people. And ponder the two competing ideas I have for my next book.

What do you do when you've finished a project?

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME. This is something I've yet to acheive. I have half-written books to my credit. But I'm working hard toward finishing!

    Congrats. And happy editing once you take it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fantastic, congratulations! I love that 'finished' feeling. It's almost better than chocolate...almost :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good for you. Enjoy that feeling of being finished and bask in the greatness before you tackle it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!

    And you're right - it is an awesome feeling. I guess that's why I keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! I'm about done on my writing about fiction.

    ReplyDelete